Welcome to Sensible Shoppers!

Your one stop for great ideas! Don't miss a beat!

Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots






Believe me when I say, these are a fun party hit! Enjoy!


Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots
Recipe via Bakers Royale

Ingredients:
1 box Strawberry Jell-O
1 cup tequila,
1 cup water
Sugar and sliced lime for garnish



Directions:
Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom. *REALLY  be careful about cutting off the bottom of the strawberry. Just the littlest hole (even a teeny tiny one) will make your jello leak out of the berry. Use a paring knife or small spoon to hollow out the berries. Don't get to into emptying the strawberry, just do your best.  *Look for the biggest strawberries you can, they hold the most jello.
Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1 cup of  tequila and set aside.
Add cold tequila to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
Pour mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Pour some sugar on a plate and rim your strawberries with it. You don't need to wet the berry it will stick on its own. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish. Keep really cold until serving.
 

20 comments:

Jane on August 5, 2011 at 10:53 AM said...

Now this is cool! I am passing it along to my DIL...Thanks for sharing!
Jane

Megan @ Cut the Craft! on August 5, 2011 at 11:07 AM said...

This is AWESOME! Bookmarking now.:)

Megan
www.CutTheCraft.com

Unknown on August 5, 2011 at 11:16 AM said...

oh my goodness your famous! I have seen this all over pinterest:) would love for you to link up to my party
if you have time! Happy Friday!
Ashley@EisyMorgan

Rachel @ Little Kitchen, Big Bites on August 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM said...

um totally fabulous! it makes me want to have a party just to try it!

The Fajdich Times on August 5, 2011 at 11:54 AM said...

These are great! Printing this one, thanks:)

Sallie on August 5, 2011 at 12:09 PM said...

Found you at Show and Share Day. I'm pinning this! Looks so refreshing.

Unknown on August 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM said...

These sound fantastic! I can't wait to make them soon and take them to our pool party! Thanks for sharing!

~Chanel~ on August 5, 2011 at 12:48 PM said...

This looks awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!

cALyPsO on August 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM said...

LOVE button!!

cALyPsO on August 5, 2011 at 2:45 PM said...

LOVE Button

Creative Mammas on August 5, 2011 at 2:58 PM said...

That is a great idea! Can't wait to have them at my next bbq.

Unknown on August 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM said...

Those sound AMAZING! Perfect summer treat!! Thanks for linking to Fancy This Firdays! I featured this on our FB page today! http://www.facebook.com/TrulyLovelyBlog

Run DMT on August 5, 2011 at 4:03 PM said...

Oh wow. I'm hosting a birthday party tomorrow and I am so making these!

I co-host a weekly foodie meme called Friday Food Fight. I would love for you to link up and share your strawberry jello shots. Hope to see you in the ring!

Stephanie on August 5, 2011 at 5:49 PM said...

My mouth is watering looking at this! Just pinned it, I've got to make these soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate on August 6, 2011 at 9:48 AM said...

These could be VERY dangerous! I have a friend I'm sharing these with.

Heather on August 6, 2011 at 6:50 PM said...

I can't wait to try these! They look super fun and sooo refreshing... thanks.

via foodie friday-

Chameleon Girls on August 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM said...

We will have to give this a try! I have a box of Margarita and Daiquiri Jello...

cyberangel on August 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM said...

Thanks for the great recipe, this looked so good, I just had to try them. I made them last night and they were delicious! I did find it hard to hollow out the strawberries without getting any holes in them though. About half of them ended up leaking out. No matter, I just scraped the jello from the bottom of the pan and put it back in the strawberries and sprinkled the sugar on top. I had way more jello than strawberries so poured the rest into ice cube trays to make single serving jello shots.

WonderWhyGal on August 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM said...

I am totally making these for Fiber Festival in two weeks. YUMMY!

KB on August 8, 2011 at 5:14 AM said...

Looks delish.

We'd love you to share your recipes with us at
Simply Delish Saturday

Followers

Archive

Blog Love

Beauty and Bedlam
 

Sensible Shoppers. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com