This is my full "morning routine". It took me several months to work up to a full blown morning routine. I did most of the things, but they were not automatic. Now they are. Look at the way I move through the house starting with getting dressed. As I move from room to room, I am finished with most of it. Then I check to see if I have missed anything on my list.
I realize this may seem like a lot, but if you do your "Before Bed Routine", this part is a piece of cake. All you are really doing is getting dressed, sprucing up the bathroom, going to the kitchen, and taking care of yourself. - FlyLady
The morning routine is broken down into four parts:
- Rise and Shine
- Make your bed as soon as you get out of it (unless your DH is still there).
- Go into the bathroom.
- Shower and clean the bathroom while you are there.
- Fix your hair and face.
- Swish the toilet and leave the room never to return till later. It is clean and you can forget about it for now.
- Leave your bedroom with a load of laundry in hand and go straight to the washer.
- If you did your Before Bed Routine, the kitchen is clean and all you need to do is empty the dishwasher.
- Make coffee and start breakfast.
- Feed the critters.
- Feed the family (including yourself).
- Think About Your Day
- Check your calendar.
- Make your list of what you are going to do today (PODA or To Do List)
- Thaw something for dinner.
- Checkbook (bring down your balance).
- Reboot the laundry (put in dryer).
- Hit the hotspots. If you did your Before Bed Routine there will not be any.
- Now Think About Yourself
- Take your vitamins and medications.
- Sit down.
- Eat breakfast (if you haven't already).
- Morning Meditation: God, Imagination, Focus, Thanksgiving (GIFT).
- Now reward yourself with some computer time. Check your e-mail.
Welcome to Sensible Shoppers!
Your one stop for great ideas! Don't miss a beat!