The Before Bed Routine is the most important routine of the whole day. Set a regular time to do your Before Bed Routine. Then do it - starting tonight. I start mine as soon as dinner is complete. Others start theirs in the afternoon while they are getting supper ready. It is up to you. - FlyLady
There are three parts to the Before Bed Routine:
Now, if you are unable to do the entire three part Before Bedtime Routine, that is fine. Start small - just these three items:
- Clean up the house before you go to bed. (20 minutes - tops)
- Living room: Pick up and put away things, magazines, dishes, clothes, shoes.
- Kitchen: Clean it up, shine sink, lay out clean dishcloths, and run the dishwasher.
- Dining room/entrance: Clear the hot spots.
- Review your check list to make sure you have not forgotten anything.
- Think about tomorrow before you go to bed.
- Check your calendar and/or planner for appointments.
- Start a PODA (Parade of Daily Adventures) or "To Do" list for tomorrow.
- Think about: What can I do tonight that will make tomorrow morning easier? (make lunches?)
- Gather up items that you do not want to forget and place them in a spot by the door. Make sure you can see them before you walk out.
- Make sure children have their things gathered up and put away.
- Start Breakfast: Set table and plan what you are cooking (just make a mental note).
- If you plan to use the crock pot, then get some of those things ready so all you have to do is throw it together.
- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow. It is a simple thing that saves lots of time by being decisive. If something needs to be ironed, or has a spot on it, you can deal with it in a calm manner or choose to wear something else. Take it to the cleaners on your errand day, launder it, or fix that missing button according to your schedule - no pressure. All the stress has been relieved.
- Focus on yourself before going to bed.Cool down time:
Reflect on today's accomplishments:
- Get yourself ready for bed.
- Brush your teeth, clean your face, comb your hair.
- Take vitamins and other meds.
- Bath time! Bubbles mmmmmm...
- Put on jammies, or sexy night gown, or... nothing. LOL!
- You are now ready for bed. I am not saying that you have to go to bed, but you can, because you are ready to get between those sheets.
- Work on your journal, TaDa list (accomplishments), and/or Gratitude Journal.
- Read for fun.
- Read to each other.
- Listen to music. It doesn't matter what kind - just relax, and it has to be something you enjoy, or you won't do it.
- Prayer and/or Meditation.
- Snuggle in for the night and lights out. Go to bed at a decent time. Preferably at the same time daily!
- Fall asleep with a smile on your face and in your heart!
- Clean kitchen sink.
- Lay out clothes/put clothes away.
- Brush teeth.
Welcome to Sensible Shoppers!
Your one stop for great ideas! Don't miss a beat!