Welcome to Sensible Shoppers!

Your one stop for great ideas! Don't miss a beat!

Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cover it in chocolateand a miracle or two...




Ok, so here we are waiting for an a/c guy because we are baking in our own house. I hate when there are a/c issues because you just feel like melting. However, the show must go on. I am not heating the oven when the thermostat says 86 and rising. So, when you want a chocolatey treat with no oven use, try Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies.


Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 C Butter2 C Sugar
1/2 C Milk
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 C Peanut Butter
3- 3 1/2 C Quick cooking Oats
2 tsp. Vanilla


Directions:
Add the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil, and boil for 1 minute. Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop onto wax/foil paper. Let cool until set. 


By the way, as for the a/c unit, he got it working temporarily but it seems there are so many things wrong. Too numerous to list. Seems we need a new a/c unit.

12 comments:

Unknown on August 12, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

My mother-in-law's speciality -- I've never been able to make them as good as she did - yours look WONDERFUL :)

Blessings!
Gail

Anonymous said...

YUMM!! I so want to try these!! Thank you for sharing!
I'm hosting a link party today. Stop by if you'd like!
http://formamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-tell-party-1.html

Chrissy
www.formamas.blogspot.com

Leah Beamon on August 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM said...

yours look so good! These are my husband's favorite, and I've definitely made some failed batches over the past few years. Next time I am going to try yours!!

Jo-Anna@APrettyLife on August 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM said...

Oooh, these look so delicious!
Jo-Anna

newcombhome on August 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM said...

Oh man these look delicious! Trying to resist the urge to bookmark them since I'm trying to be on a diet :)

a joyful noise on August 13, 2011 at 2:22 AM said...

I use the chunky peanut butter in mine! Your photos look delicious!

KB on August 13, 2011 at 3:18 AM said...

Yum. Thanks for sharing with us at

Simply Delish Saturday

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas on August 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM said...

ahhh, chocolate and peanut butter are soooo satisfying! I hope your a/c is fixed soon. Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week.

Sarah

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe on August 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM said...

These are always a favorite! I remember first making them in Home Ec... about 40 years ago :-)
This is a fridays favorite for sure!

Unknown on August 14, 2011 at 4:32 PM said...

These look amazing! Have you ever tried them without the peanut butter? I'm wondering if any of the other ingredient amounts need to be changed if I were to omit it.

Thanks for sharing this on The Frugal Girls' Chic & Crafty Party linky - I'd never have found if if you hadn't.

Love Of Quilts on August 14, 2011 at 7:18 PM said...

My hubby's favorite cookies. Trish

Unknown on August 18, 2011 at 2:45 PM said...

These are my all-time favorite cookies! And I can completely sympathize about your rising thermostat... YUCK. Hope you're back to a cooler temperature now.

Just wanted to let you know these will be featured at this weekend's link party on While He Was Napping. Come grab and featured button, if you'd like. And, I hope you'll share some more great projects.

Followers

Archive

Blog Love

Beauty and Bedlam
 

Sensible Shoppers. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com